Easter Pistachio Biscotti
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 340g pistachio
- 1 cup softened butter
- 450g ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- chopped pistachio
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees / Gas mark 3.
- In a food processor add the pistachios and grind for about 1 minute until fine. Set to the side.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until blended or use mixer at low speed.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, ground pistachio and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- Bake all your cookies.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth. With small teaspoon , spread icing on cookies. Decorate with chopped Pistachio.
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.