Frantoio Bianco Pesto Chicken
What you’ll need:
- 4 medium sized chicken breast (Remove skin)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Frantoio Bianco Pesto Genoveses
- 50g grated Castellino Parmigiano
- A quarter cup of flat leafed parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoons Redoro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
Extra basil leaves to garnish!
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, pesto, parsley together and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix tomatoes, water, basil and garlic thoroughly in a small bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Brush a shallow ovenproof dish with olive oil. Place the chicken breasts in the dish and then pour the tomato mix round them so the chicken breasts sit just above the tomato mix.
- Cover the chicken breasts with a generous layer of the crumb mix.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the crumb is golden.
- Serve with buttered pasta and a green salad.