Fungi Porcini Risotto
How to make an easy porcini mushroom risotto and how to prep your dried mushrooms for the recipe!
All you'll need is:
A pack of our dried porcinis
1 veggie stock cube
1 finely chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
250g of chestnut mushies
300g risotto rice
1 175ml glass of white wine (and more for sipping while cooking )
- Soak your dried porcini mushrooms in a bowl of boiling water for 20 mins. After, squeeze mushrooms gently to remove excess liquid.
- Add a vegetable stock cube to your mushroom juice until ready to use but be sure to sieve the mushroom sediment from the bottom of the bowl from the porcini mushrooms.
- Prep the rest of your ingredients. Shallow fry chopped onion and garlic on medium heat until soft.
- Add 250g of chestnut mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 8mins until soft. Next, add your porcini mushrooms. Add salt and pepper.
- And now, add your risotto rice to the mixture to soak up the flavors for 1 minute.
- Pour in a glass of white wine and let it bubble so the alcohol evaporates.
- Keeping the pan at a medium heat, pour in your mushroom stock mix.
- Simmer rice, stirring often, until rice has absorbed all liquid. If you find the rice is absorbing the water too quickly, reduce heat and add a little more water.
- When rice is cooked, remove pan from heat and mix in butter, parmesan and fresh parsley and pop the lid on it for a few minutes before serving.
- Add Parmesan and Parsley to garnish.