Italian Limoncello Tart
What you’ll need:
- 1 x 9" tart dish with removable bottom (Don’t forget to grease it before baking!)
- 500g ready-rolled sheet of Shortcrust Pastry
- A sheet of grease proof
- Baking beans
- 5 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Double Cream
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 100g pack Ground Almonds
- The zest and juice from 2 Lemons (Should make about 100ml)
- Limoncello 75ml, with a little accidental free pour for all your limoncello lovers! (But, be careful, this may delay baking time slightly at the end.)
- 100g Butter, melted
- Handful of Blueberries or Raspberries or why not mix both!
- For the base: Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Roll your pastry out to the baking dish and line the bottomed and also ensure it covers the sides well. This will hold your filling. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Following this, line the pastry shell with baking paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the filling: Put the lemon zest and juice, cream, almonds, sugar, eggs and melted butter in a large bowl and whisk until smooth then stir in the limoncello.
- Lay the berries in the pastry case then pour the custard like mixture over. Bake for about 20-30 mins until the custard is just set. Allow to cool then dredge with icing sugar before serving.