Penne Alla Vodka
All you'll need is:
- A nob of butter
- 1 Shallot
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic
- Dried chilli flakes
- 1 Cup of vodka
- Penne Pasta (300g)
- Salt & Pepper
- A cup of double cream
- Parmesan Cheese
1) Over a Medium Heat – Melt a nob of butter, sauté 1 chopped shallot and 2 cloves of garlic. Stir frequently and cook until softened.
2) Add tomato paste and chilli flakes and cook until paste has coated shallots and garlic and is beginning to darken, (5 minutes.)
3) Add 1 cup of Vodka and stir. Make sure to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Then turn off heat.
4) Cook your pasta in a separate pot (Make sure to add salt to water). Keep 2 cups of the salted pasta water before draining your pasta.
5) Return sauce to a medium heat and add a quarter cup of the salty pasta water and half a cup of heavy cream. Stir to combine and then add half a cup of parmesan and stir until it’s all melted in together.
6) Turn of the heat and stir in the pasta. Add remaining Parmesan, add more salty pasta water.
Serve with remaining Parmesan and torn basil leaves.