Spinach Tart with Ricotta & Nutmeg
What you’ll need:
You can make the base from scratch however we are all for "nice and easy". Instead you can use a roll of ready-made Puff Pastry that you will find in your local supermarket.
- 250g small tender spinach leaves
- 375g ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- Grated nutmeg
- 75ml single cream
- 25g grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Line a tart/quiche dish with your pastry. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork. Line it with a circle of baking paper and half-fill with special ceramic baking beans. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 / Gas Mark 6 for 15mins.
- Remove the baking beans and paper and then return to oven for a further 5 mins to cook the base.
- Make the filling by cooking the spinach in a little salted water for 3 minutes until softened. Squeeze out any excess water and chop.
- Put the ricotta in a bowl and beat in the spinach, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Beat in the cream and continue beating until smooth. Spoon the filling into the pastry casing.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake at 180/Gas Mark 4 for 30minutes until risen, set and golden brown.
We recommend serving with a side salad!